Thursday, January 25, 2007

Top Chef - Pre-finale show

Don't know if it is the bad chocolate milk I drank this morning or the 2nd to last episode of Top Chef that has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I watched my DVR'd episode this morning before coming into work. I'm not a big Marcel fan, simply because he is way too cocky, but he was definitely more mature than the other contestants when the sore losers started to complain about him "cheating". You know, nothing screams sore loser bigger than trying to make other people's fault bigger than your own.

Ilia didn't follow the instructions. What was calling Marcel out going to do? Were the judges going to say, "Oh, ok. If you say so Ilia. Marcel's cooking now officially sucks, while yours was better since you didn't cheat." I honestly feel like she was pressured to say it by Sam & Ilan, but ultimately, it was her that spoke up. Her pot coming off of the burner would not change the way her dishes didn't taste Hawaiian.

Ultimately, Ilan & Marcel go to the finale. I'm cheering for Ilan because I like his personality better, but if Marcel pulls out all of the stops like he did in this last episode, he may win. The finale will be really interesting, especially if they bring back eliminated chefs, like they did last season.

Top Chef - Must watch show!

No comments: