Friday, November 2, 2012

First Time Voter

Mood: Proud

Many things to be proud of today:


  • Tori not only made All County Orchestra, but HONORS All County.
  • Voted for the first time in my life.  I'm almost 40.  That's a big deal.
  • Didn't kill any fish today.
I'm very proud of my daughter.  I'm glad she is not shy to try out for new things.  Finishing them is another matter, but trying them out, she is usually toward the front of the line.  Making 5th chair in the orchestra is a proud moment for her as well.  She is  much like me where she never really tries to be 1st at anything, but she is pleasantly surprised when she does better then she expected.  She honestly thought she had failed her audition.  Very happy for her.  She was thankful to both her cousin for giving her the viola she uses and her brother for just being in orchestra and inspiring her to join.  I guess all of those concerts I dragged her to as a child were worth it.

Went to the library and took advantage of my right to vote.  Hopefully I made the right choice.  We will find out in a couple of years...if we don't all die this December...

Fish kill count: 0  'nuff said.

Why I'm thankful today?

The latest Karen Marie Moning book finally showed up at Audible for downloading today.  I will be listening to Iced for the rest of the night.  It is almost 15 hours long, so may take most of the weekend, but I will be enjoying it I'm sure.


No comments: