Saturday, November 17, 2012

Things are looking better...not how I envisioned it

Mood: meh...

Had to take the cat to the vet dentist today.  $600 and minus 1 fang later, she is home: eating, enjoying her narcotics high, and getting attention from her boy baby, who apparently missed her.

I received a phone call from a local medical group.  I had applied for a phlebotomist position there this week.  I had originally worked in the field 15 years ago.  Left it when I was hired at a call center making more money with better benefits.  That is the same Fortune 500 company that I left last year.  I enjoyed the work, but it really was a career path with little movement unless I went back to school.  I thought about becoming a Med Tech, but it really isn't my bag.  I am still a computer geek at heart.  However, the more I thought of it, at least working as a phlebotomist will make me a little more physically active that a desk job.  The position I applied for is a PRN (as necessary) position, so at least I can pick & choose my days/times.  I was very flattered that this group called me today to say that they sent me an email the day before and were following up because they hadn't seen my response to it.  The email was a request to schedule a phone interview with a hiring leader.  I had responded to the email, but there were no slots open on the calendar.  They informed me they were aware of the issue and to please try again.  Last week I felt so rejected, this week I feel that someone sees my worth.  Too bad that this is not the career path I am interested in.  I will however keep the option open.  If the pay is good and the hours decent, this may be the avenue I need to take to continue my schooling.

Tomorrow (or later today since it is almost 2am) I will be getting a haircut.  I was putting it off until I got a job, but it has been almost 6 months now.  My hair grows very fast and considering my gray hairs are coming out in full force, I need to get those under control.  Tori wants her dye her hair as well.  She has been doing good caring for her hair, so I will allow it.  I think she would look good as a Gingie.  hahaha  She has the right coloring and with her hazel eyes, she could pull off any color with the exception of black.

Meeting my good friend Sara for breakfast, so I am hoping the day turns out to be a good one.  I have promised to make a nice dinner for my nephew who finally found a job.  The dinner will be Sunday night, before the latest episode of the Walking Dead.  My nephew likes to play games, so I will make sure we get to do that as well.  I have a feeling we will be stuck with Monopoly (Star Wars), but I can live with that.

Note to self: make sure to pick up the iPad version of the Monopoly game at Barnes & Noble tomorrow.  Might make the game a little more enjoyable.

Fish kill count: 0  - Might have to stop keeping track of it.

No comments: